Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Fun with Babies

Last night, Jenna and I put together a photo shoot with Teddy. We wanted some cute newborn pictures of him before he stopped looking, well, like a newborn. The entire process began by ensuring he was nice and full. A full tummy usually lends to a happy baby. Feeding was followed by a bath to give him that squeaky-clean baby look (and smell). This was his first real bath; as opposed to the sponge baths that he's received in the past. That was it's own adventure with entirely separate hilarity.

After he was clean, I set up a spot in our living room for the shoot. The evening light was coming in perfectly thought the large circle-top window; providing the soft light that I had in mind. I arranged a white blanket as the back drop and for Teddy to rest upon. I was imitating some baby pictures that I had seen in the past.

The photo shoot itself was quite funny. Teddy didn't know what was going on. He wouldn't go to sleep and just froze where we put him. Teddy laid wide-eyed and motionless in a series of poses. He seemed befuddled by the entire situation and resolved himself to simply enduring without a fuss. He's such a funny kid. Teddy was so awake that I had to snap pictures when he blinked or yawned to appear as though he was sleeping quietly.

One of the poses that I set up had Teddy elevated slightly by Jenna's hand. She placed her hand beneath the white blanket and provided him support under the covering. With her hand elevating the already large pile of cloth, Teddy took a slow spill over the back and rolled onto more of the soft bed spread back drop. Had I not been so concerned that this would have scared him, I would have snapped some great photos with 'surprise' on his face. His face said, "Oh, boy. Here we go" as he slowly fell over the mound.

After the shoot, Jenna and I put Teddy down for a nap and looked over the large volume of pictures. We picked out a few to use for various announcements. I began touching up the pictures using Adobe Lightroom 5 which Jenna gave for Christmas this past year. Some of the pictures turned out great! Honestly, they look professionally done. I might have discovered a new talent.

Here are a couple of the pictures we took. We're saving some of the best for other use.

This picture has Anne Geddes written all over it.


The image below is one of my favorite. I've titled it 'Teddy-saurus Rex'. 


I've admittedly become snap-happy with the camera around Teddy. Many more pictures to come... and hopefully a few more fun photo shoots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment